The following chaverim were in attendance or on the conference call: Daniel Alter, Shalom Baum, Gedalyah Berger, Jack Bieler, Binyamin Blau, Michael Davies, Mark Dratch, Ira Ebbin, Zvi Engel, David Fine, Arie Folger, Aaron Glatt, Efrem Goldberg, Zev Goldberg, Shmuel Goldin, Jerold Isenberg, Moshe Kletenik, Barry Kornblau, Doniel Kramer, Elly Krimsky, Binyamin Krohn, Uriel Lubetski, Chaim Marcus, Chaim Marder, Leonard Matanky, Elazar Muskin, Yehuda Oppenheimer, Ariel Rackovsky, Mitchell Rocklin, Fabian Schonfeld, Yoel Schonfeld, Tsvi Schur, Yerachmiel Seplowitz, Yechiel Shaffer, Evan Shore, Ze’ev Smason, Adam Starr, Chaim Strauchler, Gil Student, Eliyahu Teitz, Kalman Topp, Reuven Tradburks, Elie Weinstock, Michael Whitman, David Wilensky, Howard Zack, Eliezer Zwickler, and Michoel Zylberman.
At a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Rabbinical Council of America, held in person at the RCA office, 305 Seventh Ave., 12th Floor, New York, NY, and by conference call, on Tuesday, September 20, 2016, President Shalom Baum in the chair, and Reuven Tradburks acting on behalf of the secretary, the following items were decided:
- A motion to approve the President’s nomination of Zev Goldberg, Yechiel Shaffer and Chaim Poupko as co-chairmen of the 2017 Convention Committee passed unanimously.
- A motion to approve Daniel Bush, Daniel Fridman, Dov Greer, Andrew Markowitz, Aryeh Richter, Binyamin Sloviter, Ephraim Unterman and Shlomo Zukier as new members passed.
- A motion to terminate Contemporary Issues Rabbinic Forum passed (22 in favor, 8 opposed, 1 abstention.)
- Shalom Baum shared a Davar Torah.
- Mark Dratch discussed rental of RCA office space to Religious Zionists of America.
- Shmuel Goldin gave update on GPS.
- Chaim Strauchler gave a report from the 2016 Resolutions Committee.
- RCA members are reminded that Veterans Day is November 11 and that Shabbat should recognize veterans.