RCA CONVENTION 2019
MAY 20-22, 2019
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL 2701 Summer Street, Stamford | Connecticut | 06905 |
FOCUS: THE HEALTHY RABBI
The World Health Organization defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” (WHO, 1994). This broad definition identifies three spheres of measuring well-being (physical, mental and social) which will mirror the three vectors of health for the 2019 Rabbinical Council of America conference on The Healthy Rabbi: Briyat haGuf, Briyat haNefesh & Briyat “HaChevrashaft”’
The goal of the conference will be to help rabbis become more self-aware in these three areas and to provide insights and tools for removing impediments and for implementing changes to increase the rabbis’ ability to be more joyful and generative in the work of anchoring Torah in the American Jewish community. The presenters have been selected based on this theme and will be addressing the following guiding questions:
· What about our specific lifestyle and vocation (as rabbis) make it more challenging to prioritize health?
· How can we lean on our colleagues and friends in order to increase our capacity to function in the face of challenging circumstances?
· How can we foster healthier marriages for ourselves that give us increased joy and generativity?
· How can we prioritize healthy eating and regular exercise so that we can be able to serve for longer?
Note that among the remarkable selection of speakers, there will be a nutritionist, personal trainer and therapist available during the conference for personal consultations, with advance sign up. More details to follow.
- Early Bird: $399/member/double occupancy: DEADLINE: APRIL 19
- Discount: $499/member/double occupancy: SIGN UP BY MAY 3
- Sign up after MAY 3; Full price: $599/member/double occupancy
- Partial Registration Available:
- Meals only
- Room only: Single ($183/night) or Double Occupancy ($91.50/night)Partial Registration Available
Tuesday May 21, 2019
Convention Program (in formation- subject to change)
click here to see schedule