The following chaverim were in attendance or on the conference call: Aaron Borow, Jack Bieler, Nasanayl Braun, Daniel Cohen, Ira Ebbin, Dov Fischer, Joel Finkelstein, Barry Gelman, Shmuel Goldin, Avrohom Gordimer, Shlomo Grafstein, Simcha Green, Rafael Grossman, Barry Hartman, Basil Herring, Benjamin Kelsen, Sam Klibanoff, Barry Kornblau, Doniel Kramer, Simcha Krauss, Elly Krimsky, Ira Kronenberg, Akiva Males, Chaim Marder, Leonard Matanky, Yehuda Oppenheimer, Ari Perl, Mitchell Rocklin, Yerachmiel Seplowitz, Tzvi Sinensky, Ze’ev Smason, Etan Tokayer, Reuven Tradburks, Elie Weinstock, Shlomo Weissman, Daniel Yolkut, Michoel Zylberman.
The following minutes were approved at the January, 2012 meeting of the Executive Committee:
At a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Rabbinical Council of America, held at the RCA office on Wednesday, November 9, 2011, the President, Shmuel Goldin in the chair, and Barry Kornblau acting on behalf of the secretary, the following items were decided:
1. A motion to accept the minutes of the September, 2011 meeting passed unanimously.
2. A motion to accept the applications of new members Zev Goldberg, Avi Goldstein, Avrohom Hunger, Ira Jaskoll, Binyamin Krohn, and Efraim Levine passed unanimously.
3. A motion to authorize the RCA officers to compose and deliver a letter to the Prime Minister of Israel supporting Tzohar’s right to register Israelis wishing to marry and to perform their weddings under the guidelines of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel passed by a vote of 15 to 5.
4. A motion that a. every second annual convention, beginning in 2012, should have a different format (greater focus on collegiality and an out-of-town retreat-style feel); and b. every second annual convention, beginning in 2013, should have the format of past RCA conventions; and c. authorizes R. Goldin to appoint a Convention Committee was approved.
5. A motion to appoint Ari Perl, Efrem Goldberg and Mitch Rocklin to the Convention Committee was approved.
6. In response to the request of several chaverim, it was decided that Executive Committee members will be informed of the names of applicants to be voted upon ‘substantially’ before each Executive Committee meeting.
7. President Goldin directed that individual chaverim (Executive Committee members or chaverim at large) with comments or questions regarding individual applicants should communicate directly, and only, with the Chairman of the Membership Committee.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.