RCA and the OU Statement on the Deaths of Three Israeli TeensJune 30, 2014
OU/RCA Statement on the Arrest by Israel of Jewish Suspects in Killing of Palestinian TeenJuly 6, 2014
Minutes for June, 2014 meeting of the RCA Executive Committee
At a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Rabbinical Council of
America, held in person (only) at the Westchester Renaissance Hotel in
White Plains, NY, on Monday, June 30, 2014, President Leonard Matanky in
the chair, and Barry Kornblau acting on behalf of the secretary, the
following items were decided:
- A motion to accept minutes of the May 28, 2014, Executive Committee meeting passed unanimously.
- A motion to approve Eliezer Di Martino and Yakov Kerzner as new members passed unanimously.
Additional matters discussed:
- Howard Zack reported on the results of the survey of RCA members’
usage and attitudes towards the Halachic Prenuptial Agreement. He noted
that the committee recommended that, after due consideration, the RCA
focus its attention on increasing the usage of the BDA/RCA prenup (to
the exclusion of others). This should be done by convening, formally
and informally, small groups of younger chaverim to hear senior chaverim
explain the experiences upon which they advocate and/or insist on the
prenup usage when serving as mesadeir kiddushin.
- Leonard Matanky discussed a statement of RCA principles composed by the Semicha Standards Committee.
- Yona Reiss presented some issues discussed by the GPS committee during it annual meeting.
- he meeting ended unexpectedly upon receiving the sad news of the death of three Israeli youths.