The following chaverim were in attendance or on the conference call: Alan Abramson, Daniel Alter, Gedalyah Berger, Jack Bieler, Binyamin Blau, Steven Burg, Yisrael Ciner, Dovid Cohen, Mark Dratch, Ira Ebbin, Dov Fischer, Arie Folger, Avrohom Gordimer, Yonah Gross, Shlomo Hochberg, Wesley Kalmar, Moshe Kletenik, Barry Kornblau, Doniel Kramer, Elly Krimsky, Akiva Males, Leonard Matanky, Yechiel Morris, Elazar Muskin, Ari Perl, Steven Pruzansky, David Rabhan, Mitchell Rocklin, Mordechai Scher, Fabian Schonfeld, Yerachmiel Seplowitz, Shmuel Silber, Ze’ev Smason, Adam Starr, Chaim Strauchler, Reuven Tradburks, Gedalila Walls, Elie Weinstock, Shlomo Weissmann, Howard Wolk, David Wolkenfeld, and Michoel Zylberman.
Minutes of January 14, 2015 meeting of RCA Executive Committee meeting
At a regular meeting of the Executive Committee of the Rabbinical Council of America on Wednesday, January 14, 2015, held in the RCA office and by conference call, President Leonard Matanky in the chair, and Reuven Tradburks acting on behalf of the secretary, the following items were decided:
- Minutes of meeting of December 10, 2014 were approved unanimously.
- Leonard Matanky reported on the status of two lawsuits initiated in Washington against a number of organizations including the RCA as a result of Barry Freundel’s alleged misconduct.
- Leonard Matanky reported that Artscroll decided not to publish the RCA siddur. A contract terminating that relationship is being completed. Talks are being held with Koren.
- Leonard Matanky’s nomination of Steve Burg and Shmuel Silber to serve as co-chairmen of the 2015 Convention Committee passed unanimously.
- Leonard Matanky’s nomination of Daniel Alter (chairman), Nevo Zuckerman, Elli Fischer, Ben Kelsen to serve on a Resolutions Review Committee to make a recommendation about how best to run the 2015 RCA Resolutions process passed unanimously, with Daniel Alter encouraged to add two more chaverim to the Committee who were not involved in last year’s Resolutions process.
- After some discussion, the following RCA Principles, to be used by the Membership Committee to vet applicants for membership, passed unanimously. (The Semicha Standards Committee will reconsider the phrasing of the bracketed sentences in item 3.):